About Wilhelm Wagenfeld
Lamp WV 343 for Lindner Leuchten, 1955
Teapot, 1930 -1934. Brooklyn Museum
Sektschale Glasservice "Lobenstein" champagne cup glass service "Lobenstein"
Wilhelm Wagenfeld, Max and Moritz salt & pepper shaker, 1954. WMF 1956 to present, Germany.
Wilhelm Wagenfeld. Prototype desk lamp, 1950s. Germany.
Wilhelm Wagenfeld, vases, 1961.
Wilhelm Wagenfeld, portable ‘Combi’ radio-phono set, 1955. Braun AG, Germany. Via Quittenbaum
Multi-use table accessory by Wilhelm Wagenfeld associate Kurt Radtke for WMF ca. 1958.
This remarkable piece was designed by the Bauhaus-trained industrial designer Wilhelm Wagenfeld, in 1953.
It is a classic example of his work and its adherence to the Bauhaus tradition of clarity in design driven by function.
You could argue that his lifework is a perfect expression of what fellow Bauhaus alumni Max Bill would later term ‘Die gute Form’ (good form); the notion that simple, affordable and beautifully-designed everyday objects have the potential to improve the living conditions of the masses.
Wagenfeld had enrolled at the Weimar Bauhaus in 1923 and studied in the metalwork department under Laszlo Moholy-Nagy and alongside Marianne Brandt, Hans Przyrembel and Hin Bredendieck. (Source)